Thank you for your interest in being a food truck vendor at the Greater Fort Lauderdale Science Festival! We are recruiting and searching for the most popular food trucks the city and region has to offer. This is your chance to put your product in front of thousands of people. Participating food trucks also have the added value of awareness through the Festival.
Please use the Food Truck Application Form to sign-up. More comprehensive materials will be provided after application.
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 26, 2022, at 5 p.m. ET.
- Food Truck Notifications: All food trucks will be notified of their status by Wednesday, November 30, 2022, at 5 p.m. ET.
- Acceptance, Booth Fees and Completed Paperwork: Wednesday, Dececember 14, 2022, at 5 p.m. ET. If you miss this deadline the spot will be forfeited.
- Assigned Booth and Load-In Time: Friday, February 17, 2023, at 5 p.m. ET.
- Load-In: Per assigned time on Saturday, March 4, 2023.
- Load-Out: Per assigned time on Saturday, March 4, 2023.
Each food truck will be required to carry a Certificate of Insurance (COI) provided by your insurance company. The COI minimum amount is $2,000,000 for Bodily Injury or Property Damage Liability Combined. The following must be named on the COI (excluding Workers’ Compensation): Museum of Discovery and Science, 401 SW 2nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312. All insurance policies must include a “Waiver of Subrogation” endorsement. A copy of this policy must be submitted to MODS with your contract.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
Food trucks will be required to adhere to the following regulations. During the event, each food truck will be monitored for compliance.
- Serving containers, paper napkins and cups must be compostable.
- Cups must be recyclable or compostable.
- Focus on finger foods so cutlery is not needed. If you do use cutlery, it must be eco-friendly.
- Avoid condiments in packets and use squeezable or pump bottles.
- Food trucks must use non-toxic cleansers.
- We strongly encourage sourcing all supplies and food LOCALLY.
- Finally, please break down cardboard boxes before depositing them into recycling receptacles on site.
In order to keep the Greater Fort Lauderdale Science Festival brand consistent and the festival experience seamless, MODS will design and provide front signage for tents only. Food trucks may bring additional signage for the back of the booth.